Scripture is filled with Bible verses about strength to encourage and inspire your faith. Use this list of Scripture quotes to renew your hope and strength. Have you been seeking supernatural strength from God over your life and your family or are you in need of God’s divine strength over a situation? Here is a collection of short prayers for strength that you can use to pray. Everyone deals with times of difficulty.
You or someone you love may be struggling with an issue causing you confusion, hurt, pain, or fear. You don’t know which way to turn or what to do. But one thing you do know is that you have to find a way through it. The following prayers touch upon many of these occasions, such as prayers for strength during serious illness, difficult times, divorce, caring for elderly parents, and more. All of these prayers may be adapted to meet your specific needs.
1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
2. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10
3. “Help me be like Nehemiah, help me come to you for guidance, strength, provision, and protection. As I face tough choices and hard situations, help me remember my belovedness, help me remember that I am Your child and Your representative to the world around me.” — Charlies Stanley
4. “I do not have a firm faith; at times I doubt and am unable to trust you altogether. O Lord, help me. Strengthen my faith and trust in you.” — Martin Luther
5. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Ps 121:1-2 The Christian journey
6. Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the lord’s house forever.
7. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask god who gives generously to all without reproach. James 1:4-6
8. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
9. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10
10. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! Psalms 119:10-13
11. God, Thank you for being there for me and for helping me. I know I can call upon Your strength for anything. Thank you for being who You are. Amen.
12. Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5-6
13. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want, I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:12-
14. God, Life without You is no life at all. You are the most amazing thing in the whole universe. You have drastically shaped and changed my life. Help me always to remember who it is that walks with me. Amen.
15. “Dear Lord, Your Word says that when we wait on You, You will renew our strength (Isaiah 40:31). Although my strength is depleted, I am choosing to rest and spend time in Your presence, recharging my battery. I refuse to run myself ragged, listening to the voice of the enemy that I should just try harder or work longer. I trust in Your infinite capacity of strength. It will never run out. Thank You for working in my weakness and pouring Your strength into me. In Jesus’ name, amen.” – Alberta Vadnais
16. Holy One, Who am I without you? I know that I need You for everything. I need Your love, strength, and presence deeply in my life and my problems. Help me feel You more, amen.
17. “Lord, please give me the strength to make it through this situation. Please give me the wisdom to see the good in it. Please give me.
18. Cleansing prayers to pray over your home
19. “Help us see the ways you are shaping us into your beloved disciples who take delight in being with you with all we are and all we have. Thank you for your enormous love that accepts human weakness in every form and longs to transform it. Amen.” — Lynne Baab
20. “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The lord is the everlasting god, the creator of the ends of the earth.” Isaiah 40:28
21. Lord Christ, you came into the world as one of us and suffered as we do. As I go through the trials of life, help me to realize that you are with me at all times and in all things; that I have no secrets from you; and that your loving grace enfolds me for eternity. In the security of your embrace, I pray. Amen.
22. “I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.” — Thomas Merton
23. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-7
24. God never sends you into a situation alone. God goes before you. He stands beside you. He walks behind you. Whatever situation you have right now, be confident. God is with you.
25. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
26. Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:20
27. Create in me a clean heart, o god, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 (nasb) alyssajho
28. Know Jesus knows peace
29. God, help me. Amen.
30. “Tears are prayers too. They travel to god when we can’t speak.” Psalm 56:8
31. My soul finds rest in god alone; my salvation comes from him. He is my rock and salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken psalms 62:1-2
32. You need strength to overcome obstacles that hinder the faith of men, pray this short prayer for strength.
33. “Tears are prayers too. They travel to god when we can’t speak. -Psalm 56:8 embracing the une Maree
34. God, Please conquer what ails and afflicts me. I need You to show up and transform the problems I face. I believe so deeply in who You are and what You can do. You are the God who changes things! Amen.
35. The lord is gracious and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. Psalm 145:8
36. God has never left us alone, in everything we do, it’s necessary to ask him for direction, here is a short prayer for strength and direction.
37. The lord god is a sun and shield the lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. psalm 84:11 (ESV)
38. “Dear God, You are my rock, and I run to You today for help, believing that You will lift my heavy arms, that You will fuel me for the tasks You’ve given me, and that Your joy will completely consume the weakness of my body and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. I ask that You give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I feel foolish, and hope when I feel rejected. Amen.” – Alberta Vadnais
39. But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
40. Love the lord your god with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind Matthew 22:37
41. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
42. “I pray for any and every person…who is feeling tempted to give up, who’s feeling tempted to quit, who’s feeling tempted to walk out, to walk away, to lay it down, to lay it aside, to turn around, that you would remind them there are many reasons not to, there are many reasons to stay steady and calm as Paul would say to Timothy and to keep moving on and trusting you moment by moment.” — Charles Stanley
43. God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life Romans 8:28 Daystar
44. Lord, There are so many problems I face. I feel attacked from all angles. Where is your strength, O’ Lord? I desperately need You. Lord, I need You. I need You. Thank you for always being there for me. Amen.
45. I sought the lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4 terest (chentlover12
46. “As I begin my day, I turn to You, Lord, and ask for strength. Be my rock whenever the day shakes me. Guide me through the day as I navigate the choppy waters that might come my way. Empower me to speak up when I need to, even if my voice shakes. Help me to feel tall in situations that make me small. Be the light that empowers me in darkness. Most of all, help me feel Your loving embrace this day and all days. Amen.” – Stephen Spiewak
47. When you don’t know what to pray the acts method of prayer
48. Learn how to pray with the lord’s prayer free printable template to pray through the lord’s prayer
49. “God has armed you with strength for every battle. He said no weapon formed against you will ever prosper. You haven’t seen, heard, or imagined the amazing things God has in store. Believe today that things are changing in your favor. God’s done it in the past, and He will do it again in the future.” – Joel Osteen
50. Lord, You are great and mighty. You can change anything and bring depth and life to dead places. God, bring forth those things in my life because I need them desperately. Amen.
51. God, My life is too much for me. I have a lot I carry. I need your tenderness and your strength in my life. Please provide the gift of your strength. Amen.
52. Lord, Where are you? Can you please help me? I desperately need your love and support. Please overcome me with your love and strength today. Amen.
53. God, Sweep into my heart and consume it. Overwhelming and overtaking my life. Show me your strength and love, I need it. Amen.
54. O Lord, You are the light that guides my feet. You are the map that gives me direction. You are the peace that makes me strong. You are the leader whom I faithfully follow. May your light illuminate my life and your guidance bring direction. May I find inspiration in your word and peace in my heart as I follow you? Amen.
55. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope. Jeremiah 29:11-14
56. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into god’s presence. Ephesians 3:12
57. In every difficult situation, God is always by the corner waiting for us to call him to come to take over the situation for us, here is a short prayer for strength to hand over that situation to God.
These healing prayers will give you (or a loved one) strength when you are facing everyday trials or life-altering challenges. Loving Father, touch me now with your healing hands, for I believe that your will is for me to be well in mind, body, soul, and spirit.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What we have to You !!!
- Life Quotes8 months ago
365 Depression Quotes and Sayings About Depression (Extremely Amazing)
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
342 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
580 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes Life To Succeed
- Good Morning Quotes3 months ago
100 Beautiful Good Morning Quotes with Images That Will Enrich Your Day
- Motivational Quotes5 years ago
600 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes About Life to Succeed
- Sad Messages6 months ago
Top 70 Broken Heart Quotes And Heartbroken Sayings
- Quotes3 years ago
110 Sad Life Quotes – Sad Quotes & Sayings About Sadness
- Good Morning Quotes3 years ago
65 Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images