Independence Day is like, seriously one of the best holidays ever! We celebrate our freedom and have a blast doing it. Looking sharp, strutting in a parade, giving a salute to the pride, throwing a little shindig, and indulging in some tasty treats. But like, just take a minute or two to think about why we actually celebrate, you know? Check out these awesome quotes about freedom for Independence Day. They’re rebellious, encouraging, and really make you think. Enjoy!
Happy Independence Day Quotes
1. Independence Day is a day to celebrate freedom and the importance of fighting for it.
2. Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
3. “Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness.” – Louis D. Brandeis
4. “Liberty can no more exist without virtue and independence than the body can live and move without a soul.” John Adams
5. Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. – Martin Luther King Jr.
6. The power to live as one wishes is freedom, and it must be earned and refreshed daily.
7. “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.” – George Washington
8. “Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.” – Woodrow Wilson
9. “Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
10. “Let us, therefore, animate and encourage each other, and show the whole world that a Freeman, contending for liberty on his own ground, is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.” – George Washington
11. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
12. They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin
13. Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living – Mahatma Gandhi.
14. “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
15. The preservation of freedom is not the task of soldiers alone. The whole nation has to be strong. – Lal Bahadur Shastri
Independence Day Quotes: Wishes and Messages
16. Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. – Pericles
17. “Independence now and forever!” – Daniel Webster
18. You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. – Malcolm X
19. India is a place where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when men began the dream of existence, and regardless of religion, we are all Indians.
20. Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
21. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” –Nelson Mandela
22. “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” –Voltaire
23. “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” –Thomas Jefferson
24. “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” –Benjamin Franklin
25. “[W]e look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms. The first is freedom of speech and expression–everywhere in the world. The second is the freedom of every person to worship God in his own way–everywhere in the world. The third is freedom from want–which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants–everywhere in the world. The fourth is freedom from fear–which, translated into world terms, means a worldwide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor–anywhere in the world.” –Franklin Roosevelt
Hey, since we’re all ready to celebrate the 77th Independence Day, there are gonna be some cool programs happening in schools and colleges all over the country. It’s the perfect opportunity to share your thoughts about our country by giving an Independence Day speech on August 15th.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What we have to You !!!
- Life Quotes8 months ago
365 Depression Quotes and Sayings About Depression (Extremely Amazing)
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
342 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
580 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes Life To Succeed
- Good Morning Quotes3 months ago
100 Beautiful Good Morning Quotes with Images That Will Enrich Your Day
- Motivational Quotes5 years ago
600 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes About Life to Succeed
- Sad Messages6 months ago
Top 70 Broken Heart Quotes And Heartbroken Sayings
- Quotes3 years ago
110 Sad Life Quotes – Sad Quotes & Sayings About Sadness
- Good Morning Quotes3 years ago
65 Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images