Relationships are fragile. Heartbreak is inevitable. If you have suffered one, welcome aboard. When the wounds of heartbreak are fresh, they hurt a lot. Some get over it, while others continue to hold on to the pain. All love lost is hard in its own way, but you need to move on. It is important not to rush your true feelings, you should mindfully walk through the process. Insights from lost love quotes might provide some relief. Love can often be hard to define, but famous quotes about love and loving someone quotes will make you rethink what love means.
Lost Love Quotes
1. I’ve lost love. I’ve tried to reclaim a lost love and didn’t know how to do it. ― Sam Worthington
2. No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight. ― Lana Del Rey
3. I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.
4. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. ~G.K. Chesterton
5. It would be best if you did not cry because something has ended. Instead, smile because it happened.
6. If you love something let it go, If it comes back to you it’s yours, If it doesn’t, it never was, and it’s not meant to be.
7. Feeling the pain and emptiness because of losing someone is all up to you. I am not saying that stop grieving, it is the part of the loss, and by no means, I am saying that stopped loving because you cannot. Learn the art of moving on.
8. Sometimes you have to allow yourself to lose something extraordinary for something better to come in your life.
9. It is true that sometimes losing one person can make the whole world dull. It can make your whole life seem useless and painful. Pain and the feeling of emptiness can haunt you. But you feel all that because you let yourself feel that.
10. Where should all my love go when you are no longer here to receive it?
11. You were the light in my life- the sun, the star, the everlasting luminance. Now all I’m left with is darkness, the specks of light here and there to remind me of what I once had but lost.
12. It’s so hard to go back to the places that were once ours. When I look at them, it seems like nothing has changed. But deep in my heart, I know the truth. With you can from my life, everything has and forever will be changed.
13. The process of losing someone does not happen all at once. It comes in bits and pieces, creeping up on you slowly but surely. It’s only when the gaping hole of loss overwhelms you that you fully comprehend the devastating permanence of losing someone to the hands of death.
14. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
15. Love is like a puzzle. When you’re in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together.
16. You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them. ~John Green
17. Incidents of the past – a lost love, a missed opportunity – shape us and make us what we are. ― Rana Daggubati
Healing Quotes About Love Lost
18. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
19. It was many and many a year ago, In a kingdom by the sea, That a maiden there lived whom you may know By the name of ANNABEL LEE; And this maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. ― Edgar Allen Poe
20. How ironic it is that only loss can show us how important something is.
21. How can I lose something that I never had?
22. When you lose someone you love, you can’t stop loving him. The feeling only grows stronger.
23. Trying to forget someone is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
24. I wish I had the guts to walk away and forget about what we had. But, I can’t because I know you won’t come after me, and I guess that’s what hurts the most.
25. When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth. ― Sienna Miller
26. The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.
27. For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, It might have been. – John Greenleaf Whittier
28. It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
Healing Quotes on Lost Love
29. What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose. ― Henry Ward Beecher
30. Real tears are not those that fall from the eyes and cover the face, but those that fall from the heart and cover the soul.
31. Who knows how long I’ve loved you, you know I love you still. Will I wait a lonely lifetime? If you want me to I will. ― The Beatles
32. I’ve always wondered which was worse- remembering or forgetting.
33. God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
34. The grief of losing someone is like the air. No matter how hard you try to keep yourself from breathing, it would be best if you accepted that you could not go on without it.
35. When it’s gone, you’ll know what a gift love was. You’ll suffer like this. So, go back and fight to keep it. ― Ian McEwan
36. Our love has become nothing but a memory I keep hidden deep inside the brightest part of my soul.
37. You never know how special something is until you lose it.
38. No greater joy can ever compare to love, as no greater pain can ever compare to loss.
39. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. ~Washington Irving
40. Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you.
41. I’ve always wondered what losing a limb would feel like. I stopped wondering the moment you left me for good.
Quotes about lost love to get you trough
42. The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.
43. When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. – Unknown
44. No one wants to lose love. But was it ever in our power to choose what we get to keep and what we do not? It hits you when you least expect it.
45. I cried so hard when I lost my cat, the pain of losing her spearing a hole through my heart. My father hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, Do not cry, my child. For when you lose something great, something better will take its place.
46. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Kahlil Gibran
47. Love is timeless; love is immortal. Even if you lose someone to something as permanent as death, the love you once had will never fade away. It will caress you every day, reminding you of the everlasting sweetness of honey.
48. When you remember how hard it is to change yourself, you begin to understand what little chance we have of changing others.
49. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.
50. It hurts the most when you can actually feel your heartbreaking.
51. Where there is love, there will always be hurt.
52. There is a comfort in the strength of love; / Would overset the brain, or break the heart. – William Wordsworth
53. No matter how tightly you hold on when something is not meant to be, you have no choice but to let go.
54. I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone. You just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence. ― Alyson Noel
55. When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth. – Sienna Miller
Famous Losing Love Quotes
56. Though I may have lost you, you will always have a space in the most beautiful part of my damaged soul.
57. Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there. – Otomo No Yakamochi
58. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. – Barbara De Angelis
59. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. ― Hermann Hesse
60. They say, ‘Time heals all wounds.’ If that is true, then I guess mine go deeper than pain. There are no words to choose from losing you. I guess I found out too late, and now all I feel is a heartbreak that only hurts when I breathe.
61. The process of losing someone does not happen all at once. It comes in bits and pieces, creeping up on you slowly but surely. It’s only when the gaping hole of loss overwhelms you that you fully comprehend the devastating permanence of losing someone to the hands of death.
62. It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week. ― Laurence J. Peter
63. It’s so hard to go back to the places that was once ours. When I look at them, it seems like nothing has changed. But deep in my heart, I know the truth. With you can from my life, everything has and forever will be changed.
64. Yes, it is true that you will never forget him, you will not stop loving him or thinking about him. But eventually, you will let someone else in. You will open your heart for someone else. And you know what the person you lost will also live there, but their presence will not have any impact on you anymore.
65. A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. ― J.S.B. Morse
66. I’m almost over you; that’s what I keep telling myself to make me sleep better at night.
67. In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straightway was lost. ― Dante Alighieri
68. When you lose someone, you have to accept that grief and love cannot be separated. For when you reminisce the joys of your sweet love, you will be awakened by the grief you have tried so hard to keep at bay.
69. You’ve always acted like you were staying for good, so I didn’t know how to live without you anymore when you left.
70. The hottest love has the coldest end. – Socrates
71. In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost. – Dante Alighieri
72. If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again. ― Amelie Chance
73. The pain of losing you, no matter how much it breaks my heart, reminds me that I loved you with everything I had once upon a time.
Quotes About Lost Love
74. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
75. I knew that losing you would bring me nothing but devastation. Despite this, I took the risk and welcomed you in my life, hoping that the sweetness of our time together would make up for all the pain your loss would someday bring.
76. When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it? ― Shannon L. Alder
77. The worst feeling in the world is when you know that you both love each other but still can’t be together.
78. Some things are just never meant to be, no matter how much we wish they were. – Unknown
79. I will never truly get over your loss, but there is nothing left to do but move on and make way for a bright and new day.
80. I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. ― The Wonder Years
81. Pain is like a ghost. You can feel it, and it lingers on you, or try to. But you can get rid of it. You will be amazed how a single belief can change you and your situation.
82. What interests me is whatever it is that allows the heart to continue to yearn for something the intelligence knows is impossible to have: a lost love, a shelter from life’s blows, the return of a time past, even a connection to the dead. ― Alice McDermott
83. Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free; Love me no more, but love my love of thee. ~Algernon Charles Swinburne
84. I’m not like a car you can fix up. I’m never gonna run right Bella. – Stephenie Meyer, New Moon
85. There’s this place in me where your fingertips still rest… your kisses still linger and your whispers softly echo… It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.
86. And he’d hated himself, and hated her, too, for the ruin they’d made of each other. ~Dennis Lehane
87. They continued to ask me what pain felt like. I looked them in the eye and told them that true pain is having to bury your one and only child.
88. Where should all my love go when you are no longer here to receive it?
89. To fully appreciate the wonders of joy and love, you have to also appreciate the horror of pain and loss.
90. Do not feel bitter when you lose someone. It will be painful, yes. But the pain of losing that person will only remind you of how much you’ve loved and how much of it was real.
91. I try to live my life even without you with it. I go to our favorite spots, our favorite places, trying to live on. Instead, I find myself living in the memories that haunt me, always and forever.
92. Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all. ~Ernest Hemingway
93. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
Best Lost Love Quotes & Sayings
94. I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change. ― Nicholas Sparks
95. To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
96. You are here with me, sitting right in front of me. But I am afraid that I might lose you. It is because all the heart touching love stories have tragic ends. And they lived happily ever after does not exist in real life.
97. An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception. ― Harold Loukes
98. I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on. – Rupert Brooke
99. Love is timeless, love is immortal. Even if you lose someone to something as permanent as death, the love you once had will never fade away. It will caress you each and every day, reminding you of the everlasting sweetness of love.
100. How do you go on knowing that the one thing that keeps your heart beating is forever lost to you?
101. I buried you yesterday, but memories of you will keep on haunting me tomorrow and forevermore.
102. When you love someone more than you love yourself, then, and only then you can say that losing him was your biggest loss ever.
103. It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week. ~Laurence J. Peter
104. There is no love without suffering. – Arielle Dombasle
105. Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now, I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now, I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now, all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now. ― Nina Guilbeau
106. You were the light in my life- the sun, the star, the everlasting luminance. Now all I’m left with is darkness, the specks of light here and there to remind me of what I once had but lost.
107. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ― Kahlil Gibran
108. Love is timeless and everlasting. However, no matter how immortal the feeling may be, there are just some things that aren’t meant to be. And sometimes, you have no choice but to move on and let go.
109. The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. ― Gilbert Keith Chesterton
110. If it is real, it will never be over. – Unknown
Loss and Love Messages for Her or Him
111. Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion. – Dylan Thomas
112. You never know how special something is until you lose it.
113. Sometimes I lie on our bed, eyes open, heart pounding, wondering when I will fully comprehend that you are never going to lie here beside me once more.
114. “There’s no love like a lost love and no pain like a broken heart.” ~ Ben Harper
115. “Love will not serve those who do not live for her, and in her, and to whom she is not the breath of life.” Margaret Mitchell
116. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there’s so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” Zayn Malik
117. “I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change.” Nicholas Sparks
118. “If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he because it was I.” ~ Michel de Montaigne
119. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken – and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” ~ Margaret Mitchell
120. “I don’t think, until you’ve actually lost somebody you really love, that you can go through that door that allows you to be grown-up.” Felicity Kendal
121. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” Edna St. Vincent Millay
122. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” ~ Washington Irving
123. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
124. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” ~ Rumi
125. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” Gilbert K. Chesterton
126. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source.” ~ Anais Nin
127. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” ~ Richard Wilbur
128. “People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences, but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime.” Ethel Person
129. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” Thich Nhat Hanh
130. “To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best.” William Thackeray
131. “’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” Alfred Lord Tennyson
132. “When its gone, you’ll know what a gift love was. you’ll suffer like this. So go back and fight to keep it.” ~ Ian Mcewan
Quotes About Moving on From Lost Love
133. “Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.” Toni Morrison
134. And I dreamed my lost love came stealthily out of the wood
135. “Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings.” Jonathan Lockwood Huie
136. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” Hermann Hesse
137. “When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.” ~ Maurice Maeterlinck
138. “If you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn’t be filled?” ~ Jodi Picoult
139. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” Nicholas Sparks
140. “Suddenly she realized that what she was regretting was not the lost past but the lost future, not what had not been but what would never be.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
141. “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” Hermann Hesse
142. “Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.” Jean Anouilh “There is love of course. And then there’s life, its enemy.” Clive Barker
143. “There is a comfort in the strength of love; / Would overset the brain, or break the heart.” Anais Nin
144. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” Faraaz Kazi
145. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” ~ Hermann Hesse
146. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” Anais Nin
147. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” Richard Wilbur
148. “Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.” ~ Ray Stannard Baker
149. “There is love of course. And then there’s life, its enemy.” ~ Jean Anouilh
150. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What we have to You !!!
- Life Quotes8 months ago
365 Depression Quotes and Sayings About Depression (Extremely Amazing)
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
342 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes5 years ago
580 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes Life To Succeed
- Good Morning Quotes3 months ago
100 Beautiful Good Morning Quotes with Images That Will Enrich Your Day
- Motivational Quotes5 years ago
600 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes About Life to Succeed
- Sad Messages6 months ago
Top 70 Broken Heart Quotes And Heartbroken Sayings
- Quotes3 years ago
110 Sad Life Quotes – Sad Quotes & Sayings About Sadness
- Good Morning Quotes3 years ago
65 Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images